Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Badge icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Yawhateva
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got an alert yesterday that motion was detected. I opened the app immediately, ran the camera and saw nothing. There is now a badge on my app showing a 1 but if I go to my library there are no videos at all on any date and I cannot clear out the icon. I have even deleted the app & reinstalled it and it’s still there. I originally had NetGear cams & was switched into Arlo so I’m not even sure which version of camera I have. I am using g the latest version of iOS. I’m a little ocd and REALLY wanna clear out this unnecessary badge icon. Any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Usually clicking on the numbered badge for a camera in the Devices card will take you to the library with a filter set so only that camera's videos are displayed. That action should clear the number although I believe iOS users have had this sort of problem for a while now (I'm strictly Android). You can also try the web client to see if that works any differently and/or clear the number.

BTW, Netgear originally owned Arlo but Arlo was spun off as its own unique company. Either way, the camera systems are the same. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Usually clicking on the numbered badge for a camera in the Devices card will take you to the library with a filter set so only that camera's videos are displayed. That action should clear the number although I believe iOS users have had this sort of problem for a while now (I'm strictly Android). You can also try the web client to see if that works any differently and/or clear the number.

BTW, Netgear originally owned Arlo but Arlo was spun off as its own unique company. Either way, the camera systems are the same. 

Yawhateva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your suggestions. I have only tried clearing it on the app but not on the website so I will try that. I have already gone into my “library” and there is nothing, it even says “no recordings” and I tap on every available date. I also know that Arlo took over NetGear but when I first came here it asked me to choose my model from a drop down list so I just guessed at what I have.
Yawhateva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you thank you! Accessing my cameras to the website version showed the one video that it was not showing on the app. I was able to delete it and now the badge icon is gone. Yay! Thanks very much 🙂