Audio quality on video playback

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wasabijim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the  Arlo Essential Video Doorbell and when I view a video playback the volume starts out normal then immediately drops really low as if the sound was turned down to minimum. The only volume option in the app is turned to up to 100% but that is for the speaker volume. Doesn’t look like there is one for recorded videos. I have an iPhone and all the volume options are turned up. Not sure why the videos start out normal and drop really low for the rest of the video. Is my doorbell defective and do I need to send it back? Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell 

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Wasabijim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried restarting the device in the the app. I've also unchecked the microphone and speaker options in the settings. I don't think either of those should have anything to do with the video playback volume though.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this occur over the web portal as well? Have you tried removing and re-installing the camera?

Wasabijim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes this happens on the web portal and on the phone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried removing and re-installing the doorbell by chance? 

Wasabijim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've removed it and reinstalled when I had to charge the battery.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Sorry, I meant re-onboard the camera entirely. 

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? the latest is v4.6.1 if you don't see the update you can remove and re-install the app to force the update.