Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kilaboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
Both of my new Arlo essential camera are not recording when there is motion. It is only showing me a live feed. I’ve troubleshooted all motion sensitivity, and when I troubleshoot it it seems to work fine, and I can see the orange light and everything. It used to record motion but now it doesn’t. Any tips?
3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@kilaboy wrote:
Hi,
Both of my new Arlo essential camera are not recording when there is motion. It is only showing me a live feed. I’ve troubleshooted all motion sensitivity, and when I troubleshoot it it seems to work fine, and I can see the orange light and everything. It used to record motion but now it doesn’t. Any tips?

Did your 3 month trial expire? If so you need a subscription for cloud recordings. This the same for all newer models since 2018. 

kilaboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I just bought and installed it yesterday, so I still have the 3 month free trial yet I also purchased the subscription plan yesterday too. I figured I needed to subscribe but it still doesn’t work 😞
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your active mode? If you haven't made any changes it should be the Armed mode. How are you cameras connected - to a hub or via WiFi?