Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essentials battery life

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rabbit241
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed my Essential camera yesterday morning, I followed the instructions to the letter and had charged the battery until the light was green. At 2:27am I received a notification informing me that the battery was at 15%, by 6:15am when I looked at the camera the battery was dead.

Not only is this unacceptable but when I went to the support section, during the hours they sate they are available, the call us section gave no numbers and I had selected my country and when I clicked on the live chat available now link nothing happened.

Robbery.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rabbit241 wrote:

I installed my Essential camera yesterday morning, I followed the instructions to the letter and had charged the battery until the light was green. At 2:27am I received a notification informing me that the battery was at 15%, by 6:15am when I looked at the camera the battery was dead.

One option is to exchange the camera with the seller.

Was there a lot of streaming (livestreaming and/or motion recordings)?  

Are you using activity zones (they mask the amount of camera activity, so it is best to remove them when troubleshooting power issues)?

Rabbit241
Aspirant
Aspirant

I live in a quiet location with very little movement but I have set activity zones.

I did eventually manage to speak to someone, he wasn't much help telling me to try the battery again, but I do now have a case open but what I wanted was a working door camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rabbit241 wrote:

I live in a quiet location with very little movement but I have set activity zones.

I did eventually manage to speak to someone, he wasn't much help telling me to try the battery again, but I do now have a case open but what I wanted was a working door camera.

24 hours of battery life is certainly not expected if there is little activity.

Trying again is reasonable I guess - but pay attention to your seller's return window.  Exchanging with the seller is better than executing an RMA - faster, easier, and guaranteeing you a new camera.

You could also look at signal strength, as dropped connections can also drain battery fairly quickly.