Arlo essential spotlot 1 gen

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Shananwaters
Tutor
Tutor

I have a arlo light that will not turn on 😞. No led light I have tried different cords and box but no luck.  I have check my hub that is up to date. I have tried to see if I can get it to work on Android and iOS and Mac 

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Shananwaters 

If you manually toggle the LED spotlight does it illuminate? 

Shananwaters
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried to get it to turn on but nothing will work. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shananwaters wrote:

I have tried to get it to turn on but nothing will work. 

Are you testing this at night?  Or during daylight hours?

Shananwaters
Tutor
Tutor

yes I have tried day and night inside and outside nothing works. I have tried with it on the charger off the charger fully charged I guessing because I left it on the charger for several days

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shananwaters wrote:

yes I have tried day and night inside and outside nothing works. I have tried with it on the charger off the charger fully charged I guessing because I left it on the charger for several days

And you can livestream the camera?   When you do that at night, are you not seeing the spotlight icon on the video?

Or are you seeing it, but the camera doesn't turn on (after dark) when you press it?

Shananwaters
Tutor
Tutor

No the camera will not power on 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shananwaters wrote:

No the camera will not power on 

Do you mean that you cannot livestream????

Shananwaters
Tutor
Tutor

it will not do anything. It will not power on. It will not live stream. It will not take pics. It will take videos. I will do nothing its a brick 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shananwaters wrote:

it will not do anything. It will not power on. It will not live stream. It will not take pics. It will take videos. I will do nothing its a brick 

Ok, that is helpful.  Your original post just said the light wasn't working.  So people here assumed that everything else was ok.

Have you tried the reset procedure?  (Pressing the button until the camera blinks amber, then re-add it to the account)?

Is the camera still covered by the warranty?

Shananwaters
Tutor
Tutor

I’m sure it is still covered. I email them they sent me here. How do I talk to them to get a replacement. I have tried everything 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shananwaters wrote:

I’m sure it is still covered. I email them they sent me here. How do I talk to them to get a replacement.

Contact support using the support center of the app.  I suggest trying phone support first.  Make sure you tell them that the camera doesn't work at all.  (DON'T google for a phone number, that will lead to a scammer).

If you have trouble reaching them, post back and we can ask the mods to escalate for you.

One thing you could try first is holding down the sync button on the camera for 15-20 seconds.  If it starts blinking amber, then release the button and try adding the device again.  Otherwise ask for a replacement camera.

Shananwaters
Tutor
Tutor

ok thanks. I will have to see if I can find the receipt.