Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LMLM74
Tutor
Tutor

Hello

I just purchase an Arlo essential spotlight and im trying to synchronize it with the app and my WIFI (2.4 GHz).

I put all the information, the SSID, the WIFI password, scanning the QR code, still after a few minutes the app tell me that no camera are found. 

The camera is blinking blue, i even reset the camera 15 sec and two orange blink.

Still, nothing found. My password is OK, my SSID is OK, my WIFI is OK and the same that my phone... so whats the problem ? New camera but already KO ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LMLM74
Tutor
Tutor

Tried on another WIFI, hotspot, didnt work.

Took back the camera to the retailer and took another one.

Work fine, so camera was KO

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LMLM74,

Consider factory resetting the camera again.

Follow these instructions to factory reset: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

If you still experience the same issue, what router model are you using? Is there anything non-standard about your network?

JamesC

LMLM74
Tutor
Tutor

Hello

I tried to push again synchronize more than 15 sec, waiting the 3 orange blink dot.

Trying to synchronize again, still nothing. Camera bip after the QR Code, pushing the detection on the app, still nothing.

The apps telling that no camera found and the camera still blinking in blue.

Im on a french router model Orange box on a WPA/WPA2 wifi canal 11.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@LMLM74 wrote:

Im on a french router model Orange box on a WPA/WPA2 wifi canal 11.

Make sure the router is set to use WPA2 - WPA won't work.

LMLM74
Tutor
Tutor

Modified on WPA2-PSK/AES setting.

Modified the SSID too.

Device factory resetet

Phones correctly connected to the WIFI new settings but camera cant, bip after the QR code but still slow blinking and found nothing...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you try someone else's WiFi as a test?

LMLM74
Tutor
Tutor

Tried on another WIFI, hotspot, didnt work.

Took back the camera to the retailer and took another one.

Work fine, so camera was KO

LRand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem, no help anywhere, can't talk to a human and I have vision issues. Ready to send them back and give up. Please just show me the solution you keep claiming in on the website. I have purchased a three camera set and been through pure trying to speak to a human and get some help. NOTHING SO FAR. 

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE SHOW ME THE SOLUTION YOU CLAIM YOU HAVE!  And it wouldn't hurt to hire people to communicate with your customers. Read your facebook page comments.. they aren't good. 

LRand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried everything, still won't recognize and despite vision issues, mine, I can not speak to a human to try and resolve this issue, clearly I am not alone, the facebook page comments are pretty much all the same, you purchase a product from Arlo you are on your own. Good luck. 

LRand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solution for camera not being recognized, where exactly would that be? Also, the virtual chat is a joke, round and round you go and no answer, I have vision issues, need to talk not read... UGH