Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera won’t add to app or factory reset.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
duggyhow501
Guide
Guide

Hi, I have 3 cameras including a new one that won’t sync or reset to factory.  Is there a firmware problem?   I fail to see how it could be my router as I have other cameras connected and working fine to a base station.  It’s just the 3 essential ones I am having problems with not using a base station.  When I try to reset the cameras, the Amber light blinks 10 times instead of 3.  Has anyone else had this problem? The 2 cameras just started doing this after having them connected just fine for over a year and now a new one is doing it.  Thanks for any help.  I’ve tried all kinds of troubleshooting steps with support and they have said that they are defective.  I believe it’s a firmware issue.  I could be wrong but what do y’all think?  I’ve ordered a smart hub for the essential cameras but wonder if that will solve it.  I’ve tried turning off Bluetooth, cellular data, vpn, turning phone off and on, rebooting router, and uninstalling app.  I don’t believe it’s the camera but a software issue with the essential cameras but I have another house with only Arlo essential cameras with the same internet service.  They work fine at the moment.  It’s very puzzling.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
duggyhow501
Guide
Guide

Hi, I was able to fix this issue by getting a smart hub for the essential cameras.  Netgear Arlo VMB4000 Base Station.  My isp changed something about my modem and the cameras wouldn’t reconnect without the smart hub.  Hope this helps someone.  Jesus saves! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

duggyhow501,

Trying charging the cameras fully before attempting to sync/factory reset. Do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

duggyhow501
Guide
Guide

Hi, yes they are fully charged.  I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the router causing the issues.  They connect fine at my other house that has the same isp.  The isp said that they disabled the rx mode for the router at my current house and that may be what is causing the connection issues.  I’m gonna see if the smart hub fixes the problems that I should be getting tomorrow from ups.  I will update this.  

duggyhow501
Guide
Guide

Hi, I was able to fix this issue by getting a smart hub for the essential cameras.  Netgear Arlo VMB4000 Base Station.  My isp changed something about my modem and the cameras wouldn’t reconnect without the smart hub.  Hope this helps someone.  Jesus saves!