Arlo app showing odd red battery icon that is not listed in the manual

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
lusterav
Tutor
Tutor

When I look at the app on my phone, the battery icon that shows is red outlined with a red lightning bolt in the center. At the same time, the battery percentage says 100%. Yesterday it was 95% at one point and then charged up to 100% with the solar panel. The icon has not changed for days; always red with red lightning bolt. I looked it up on arlo's website and that icon is not shown in the table of icons. The red battery icon they show has an exclamation point. Anybody know what my icon means?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For more information on battery status icons, take a look at the definitions found here: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lusterav wrote:

When I look at the app on my phone, the battery icon that shows is red outlined with a red lightning bolt in the center. At the same time, the battery percentage says 100%. Yesterday it was 95% at one point and then charged up to 100% with the solar panel. The icon has not changed for days; always red with red lightning bolt. I looked it up on arlo's website and that icon is not shown in the table of icons. The red battery icon they show has an exclamation point. Anybody know what my icon means?

Per @JamesC, it's a recent UI change.  The red color means the charger (e.g., panel) is connected, but that the battery is not charging. 

It is confusing and has resulted in a flood of posts here.

lusterav
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I found that out about the same time you responded. Nice of Arlo to let people know of the change. Thanks again Stephen.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For more information on battery status icons, take a look at the definitions found here: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

JamesC