Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro system with additional Arlo Essential Camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
P70
Follower
Follower

I have an older Arlo Pro system with 3 cameras and a VMB4000 base station. I would like to an additional camera, and thinking about buying the Essential spotlight camera. I've read that it is compatible with my base station, but I have a few questions.

* Will the new camera show up in the same list as my current cameras?

* I do not have a subscription and I can see the last 7 days of activity on my existing cameras. Will the new Essential camera, connected to same base station, without a subscription, save the last 7 days of activity?

* I've read the Essential user manual connections section, but it doesn't address connecting to an existing base station. Am I correct in assuming that pressing the sync button on the camera and the base station will work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@P70 wrote:

* Will the new camera show up in the same list as my current cameras?

Yes.

@P70 wrote:

Will the new Essential camera, connected to same base station, without a subscription, save the last 7 days of activity?

No.

@P70 wrote:

Am I correct in assuming that pressing the sync button on the camera and the base station will work?

Use "add device" in the app (or my.arlo.com).  Make sure you select the correct essential model.  The prompts will lead you to selecting the base station to pair with.