Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ChrisInUK
Star
Star
My one Arlo Essential camera went offline tonight and I have it constantly powered so I know the battery wasn’t the issue. I removed the camera from the Hub and tried to add it back but when pushing the button to sync the LED came on and is constantly flashing orange. Not for a short time but constantly like I have never seen before?

I have unplugged and plugged in the power cable to leave over night but I find this unusual behaviour in my experience.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisInUK
Star
Star
Mine seems to have sorted its self out now. I’m not sure if it was firmware related but I also had the update.

What I did was unplug it and leave it until the flashing led stopped then plugged in another power supply which the led flashed blue and then started blinking blue which I was then able to add it back to the hub. Once connected to the hub it stated the battery was full so it certainly wasn’t a power issue. I did have to try this several times though so I’m not sure if it was what I did that fixed it or just a fluke.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChrisInUK wrote:
My one Arlo Essential camera went offline tonight and I have it constantly powered so I know the battery wasn’t the issue. I removed the camera from the Hub and tried to add it back but when pushing the button to sync the LED came on and is constantly flashing orange. Not for a short time but constantly like I have never seen before?

I have unplugged and plugged in the power cable to leave over night but I find this unusual behaviour in my experience.

Per page 12 of the manual: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arloessential/Arlo_Essential_Device_UM_US.pdf

Blinking amber. The camera is out of range, a connection error occurred during pairing, or the camera battery charge is low (15% or less).

Definitely unusual for a camera that is normally AC powered, but I guess it could be the connection error that triggered it.  Hopefully you will be able to pair it the next time you try.

ChrisInUK
Star
Star
Sadly this is not the case.

The camera is constantly powered so battery isn’t the issue.

The camera is doing this after removing from the Hub so range isn’t an issue and also when it was connected to the Hub is it was less than 1m away from it.

The camera is still constantly flashing after about 10 hours now and I cannot do anything with it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChrisInUK wrote:

The camera is still constantly flashing after about 10 hours now and I cannot do anything with it.

Maybe try a factory reset next: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

ChrisInUK
Star
Star
Already tried that but absolutely nothing happens it just keeps a constant orange flashing
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChrisInUK wrote:
Already tried that but absolutely nothing happens it just keeps a constant orange flashing

Then I suggest contacting support (asking for an RMA replacement).

breezy4424
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue today with my Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera.  Can't reset it, keeps blinking orange, battery was fully charged.  I have another of the same camera and its working fine.  Second camera had a firmware update overnight - wonder if firmware update did something to the camera in question.  

ChrisInUK
Star
Star
Mine seems to have sorted its self out now. I’m not sure if it was firmware related but I also had the update.

What I did was unplug it and leave it until the flashing led stopped then plugged in another power supply which the led flashed blue and then started blinking blue which I was then able to add it back to the hub. Once connected to the hub it stated the battery was full so it certainly wasn’t a power issue. I did have to try this several times though so I’m not sure if it was what I did that fixed it or just a fluke.