Arlo Essentials No Free Trial Option Available

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ktaylor_au
Initiate
Initiate

We purchased a two-pack of Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras, we had some difficulty in getting them to connect to our devices. However, when we finally did we were not given any option to apply for the free trial and Arlo Smart does not appear active in our account.

I have looked at subscription options in the profile both on smart devices and a desktop, both prompt me to purchase the plan for each device - again, no option or mention of the free trial advertised all over the exterior of the packaging.

Please help - How do we activate this trial?

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

It should have started at set up on it's own. Check the subscription settings then "Manage Cameras" to see if maybe they are inactive and drag them to active if so. Also are the new or used bought on a unauthorized site like Ebay? If they were activated on someone else's account it would be used up. 

ktaylor_au
Initiate
Initiate

Hi @dcfox1 thanks for your response,

We are aware that is what should happen, but sadly it didn't, which is why I have come here. We were hopeful to get support from the community while I await support to action my ticket due to timezone differences (Australia v USA).

I had tried what you suggested before posting here but had no luck.

Cameras are both brand new, sealed in the box from a Bunnings Retail store, so no reason for them to have already been activated.

I appreciate your trying to help. Hopefully, we can get a firm resolution - we'd really like to have both cameras going without being notified every time our dog wags his tail.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ktaylor_au,

If you did not automatically receive the trial plan after installing your cameras, there is no further troubleshooting you can do from your end. Please let us know when you've heard back from the support team or if you need any additional assistance.

JamesC