Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Pissed57
Tutor
Tutor
Why do I have to reset my cameras at least twice a week because I notice they aren’t recording as they are set up to? This is becoming extremely frustrating!
8 REPLIES 8
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have the same problem.... quite often. I'm still under the 90 day free trial.... I'm hoping to experience all the bugs, and get them worked out before I have to start paying to use these things.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Unfortunately bugs usually take six months to be fixed and rolled out unless they are impacting a large number of subscription users.

Best to get your fault case registered with arlo support.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are your cameras connected to a base station/SmartHub or directly to your WiFi? What does the signal strength icon show for the cameras?

JamesC

Pissed57
Tutor
Tutor
Connected to the WiFi and the signal is strong at all cameras.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you notice the issue, do you still get notifications when motion is detected but no recording or do you just not receive anything at all, even when you try to force a trigger, until you've restarted the device?

JamesC

Pissed57
Tutor
Tutor
I receive nothing at all. I normally notice that Simeon has come up the drive and realize the camera did not detect/record/notify me. I will then restart the camera and issue is resolved. i
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you experience this issue again, can you provide a time stamp of when you notice the camera is no longer recording (example, EST 5:03 PM 7/12/2022). I can then send this information over to our backend team to investigate further.

Thank you,

JamesC

MrBill923
Star
Star

I have similar problem. Read my post from 7/11/22. Essential VMC2030 - for almost three months it has worked as expected. In the last two weeks it's motion detection has turned inconsistent. I have contacted tech support as well. and only getting basic "script" responses.