Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential spotlight camera - Water Damage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MrSL81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought Arlo Essential Camera for my front door at July 2021, last week camera totally stopped working, it would not charge and it will not turn on or reset,

-I have tried the original cable and several other cables to make sure it is not cable.

- the camera comes with the built-in battery it is not swap-able like other cameras so it is watertight sealed and waterproof, however, as I could not turn it not or reset it, I have decided to open the back of the camera disconnect the battery cable, and reconnect it to see if it will start, When I did open the back of it OMG 3-4 tablespoons of water dripped down from the camera, and the more I shake it more water dripped. At this point, the camera does not start at all, Now what can I do? do I still have a waranty? the box of it does not mention anything about warranty it only says it has limited warranty but does not mention how long!.  

Can you please advise me about what can I do, I am from Ireland by the way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The warranty should be 1 year.  So you can contact support (using the options in the app), and ask for a warranty replacement.  If you have a subscription, then you should see a phone option.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The warranty should be 1 year.  So you can contact support (using the options in the app), and ask for a warranty replacement.  If you have a subscription, then you should see a phone option.  

MrSL81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB, I have a monthly paid subscription, I will call them on Monday for replacement.