Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice
How do you limit the motion notifications on the arlo essential spotlight cam? I created a very small activity zone thinking I would only get notifications from that zone. But the notifications of motion are still coming in.
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:
How do you limit the motion notifications on the arlo essential spotlight cam? I created a very small activity zone thinking I would only get notifications from that zone. But the notifications of motion are still coming in.

The activity zone should eliminate out-of-zone notifications (assuming you have a subscription - which is needed for cloud activity zones).  The way this works is that whenever motion is detected, video is streamed to the Arlo cloud - which then determines if the motion is in the zone or not.  If the motion is out-of-zone, the cloud will suppress the notification.

If there are any changes inside the zone, then you will still get the notifications.  One scenario I have is when an emergency vehicle comes by at night.  The lights from the vehicle illuminate the entire yard, and therefore activity zones won't suppress the notification.  Another scenario is that any corruption in the streamed video can also result in the getting unwanted notifications.

Is your goal to block all notifications?  Other options are to

• disarm the camera
  • create a custom mode with a rule for the essential that doesn't include the notification. 

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, I created a small activity zone but I am still getting notifications.