Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential continuously connected to electrical power

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
oha69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I published this post in French, but I hope to have more answers in English :-).

I want to purchase multiple Arlo essential cameras. One of them will be in an inaccessible place, but I have electric current nearby. Is it possible to leave the camera powered on at all times?

If so, what type of charger should I take? If you have a specific reference with a European plug, I am very interested. Despite my extensive research, I did not find anything convincing in particular for Europe (France).

Thanks in advance.

Olivier

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could safely use AC power if indoors but the use of the microUSB port for charging means it's not weather-sealed for outdoor use. As far as I know, there are no proper USB chargers for the Essential camera for outdoor use. You can always ignore this but that could mean camera failure with no ability to use the warranty if this happens.

You can use the solar panel for the Essential cameras:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA3600-10000S.html

oha69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Jguerda,
Thanks a lot for your answer, the camera will be installed under a roof overhang, so no sealing problem, possibly in case of high humidity. I think I will try to see what it gives. Thank you for the solar panel that I had seen, but I find it bulky and not very discreet for a surveillance camera 🙂