Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential cameras VMC2030B one good the other goes off line continuously

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
carrolga
Tutor
Tutor

I have two Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras (VMC2030B), one on the front porch and one on the back porch.  Both are connected to my smart hub (VMB4540).  The front porch camera goes off-line within 48 hours of being reset.  Both cameras are powered.  Both cameras show all signal strength bars.  The back porch camera works fine.  The hub is 25 ft. from the front porch camera and 30 ft. from the back porch camera.  There is only an exterior wall between both cameras and the hub.  There is not excessive wiring in either of the exterior walls.  I have followed the app help screens with no resolution.  I installed the hub and ran permanent power to the cameras because the front porch camera kept going off-line when connected directly to my Wi-Fi network.  My Arlo system is at a vacation cabin, so I’m not there most of the time to reset my front porch Arlo camera every other day.  I have run out of options.  The 30 day warranty time period passed while I tried to get this camera to work.  Is there anything I can do with this camera besides trashing it?  Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by swapping cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by swapping cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.

carrolga
Tutor
Tutor

Good idea.  Thanks jguerdat.  I'll try that before I replace the camera.  

carrolga
Tutor
Tutor

I decided that swapping cameras for a test and resetting the parameters would take too much time and may affect the good working camera.  Instead, I was able to move the smart hub closer to the problem camera, about 15', which made the smart hub farther from the good camera, about 35'.  Since then, both cameras have worked OK.  I don't understand why one camera  requires a stronger Wi-Fi signal.  The walls between the hub and the cameras are alike and there is no electric equipment between or around the cameras and the hub.  For now, the problem is mitigated.  Thanks for your suggestion.