Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential camera connects to wifi successfully, but does not show up in the app or web page.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ReneCG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have a wired doorbell and a wire free essential camera. Both devices are connected to the same WIFI (eero), and I can see them online, in the router dashboard, and I can see in the same router dashboard that it sends and receives data.

however, the essential wire-free camera does not show in the APP, or the website dashboard. The doorbell does and it works fine all the time.

what would the reason for this?.

How could I make it visible in the APP?

Do i need to purchase a hub station just for the camera to be visible in the APP?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on your comment about the Dashboard it would appear that you haven't added a widget to Dashboard on either interface for the camera. You have to do it separately for the app as well as the web.

ReneCG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but when I try to add a widget, the essential camera does not show up. I have to reiterate, the phone and the camera are connected to the same network (I can see both in the router status page); yet I cannot see the camera when trying to add a widget for said camera.

any idea on why is this the case?

Tbrown0203
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have an Essential camera installed so can't test but do both the app and web client show the camera in Devices? Are you getting recordings from it? If it doesn't show in Devices, it would seem to not be connected to your account.

ReneCG
Aspirant
Aspirant

The essential camera is connected to my wifi, I used the app (first, and then repeated the process using my laptop). in both cases It connects to the wifi, using my wifi credentials....however, the device is not visible at all. I cannot see in adding a widget or devices. My router tells me that it generates traffic (so it is sending video somewhere I guess)

So guess it is not un my "account", but how do I make it to connect to my account if it is not using their APP or the web browser?.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would reset the camera and start fresh:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Simply connecting to WiFi is not sufficient - it has to be added to your account once that connection is made. The onboarding process, when followed fully, should complete the process so it shows up in your account.