Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
peteban
Initiate
Initiate

As of this morning, 12/1/20, I have been getting notifications that motion was detected, however, when I go to check the camera app, there are no recordings. I can watch the live stream from the camera, but no recording is saved. I have enabled Two-Step Verification. Is there an update I'm missing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimBallard1
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo has always been in "armed" mode. I changed no settings since I installed it a month ago. Something just wasn't right a few days ago but it's working now. As old as Arlo is, there should be no glitches. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode is active? Is the camera connected to your WiFi or to a hub? Have you tried restarting it?

peteban
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for your reply.

How can I tell what mode is active? I'm not quite sure what that means.

The camera is connected to Wifi, or at least I thought it was. It says it is connected. I can view live video. When I try restarting, it says "Your camera is not connected." I will try troubleshooting the connection a bit later.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Modes are listed in the Mode card. Depending on how the camera is connected, click on the hub or camera to see the modes.

You may need to try these steps:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062403/What-is-the-button-on-the-bottom-of-my-Arlo-Essential-wire-free-camera

JimBallard1
Tutor
Tutor
I have the Arlo essential and mine also is not recording movement as of today. I have logged out of my account and signed back in thinking maybe the two step verification could possibly be the culprit?!?
JimBallard1
Tutor
Tutor
I have the Arlo essential so it connects directly to my WiFi and no hub. If this continues, I’ll delete the camera, charge it back to 100% and add it back. If that doesn’t work, I’ll return it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JimBallard1,

What mode are you using for the camera? Are you able to live stream and manually record?

JamesC

JimBallard1
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not sure what "mode" means but it just wasn't recording when a person approached my front door. I've since taken the camera down, re-charged it and it seems to be working again. It was only down to 70% so I doubt that was the issue. Maybe just a glitch. My camera is the Arlo essential so it connect via WiFi and no hub. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your camera operates based on modes and rules. If the active mode is Disarmed, nothing will happen. If using a different mode, the camera has to have a rule for it or it will again be disarmed. There are FAQs here on creating and modifying modes and rules in the support section (along with many other topics) that are worth reading. Basically, click on the Mode selection and then on your camera or hub (depends on how the camera is connected). All your modes are in there so you can check out the rules.

JimBallard1
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo has always been in "armed" mode. I changed no settings since I installed it a month ago. Something just wasn't right a few days ago but it's working now. As old as Arlo is, there should be no glitches.