Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential VMC2020

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
takedown288
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, having some difficulties with connecting my essential camera. I have 3 essential spot light cameras and one essential camera. Had them for a couple years now and all of a sudden one of my spotlight essentials and my essential just disconnected and ever since I have not been able to connect them. I contacted support and they sent me a new essential camera and I can't even get the new one to connect. My other two cameras work just fine and I haven't had a problem with them. Support hasn't been very helpful and I only assume it's because they have no idea what's going on either. I don't have a subscription anymore and can't get myself to pay for one with two non working cameras. I've reset the cameras, I've reset my internet. I don't know what else to do, please help!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you connecting to WiFi or via a hub? Have you rebooted your router or hub, depending on how they're to be connected?

takedown288
Aspirant
Aspirant

Connected to Wifi and yes, I have rebooted the router. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you bring the camera(s) closer to your router? Have you checked for possible interference from other wireless devices near the cameras?

takedown288
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done all that, my router is in my living room. We don't have much hooked up to it and we have the highest/best internet we can get. I've even disconnected everything else and tried to connect the cameras and still nothing.