Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
DarnellM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ever since I got my second Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera, it disconnects fully and I have to reset it and re add it to my profile. The charge is at least 60 % so I know it is not the battery level. I do have another Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera and it is farther away so I know the signal is fine for the closer one. 

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DarnellM wrote:

Ever since I got my second Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera, it disconnects fully and I have to reset it and re add it to my profile. The charge is at least 60 % so I know it is not the battery level. I do have another Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera and it is farther away so I know the signal is fine for the closer one. 

Have you tried swapping the cameras?  Then see if the problem stays with the camera or with the location.

DarnellM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have, same issue same camera.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DarnellM wrote:
Yes I have, same issue same camera.

Is the camera still under warranty?  (one year)?

Also, is it newly purchased (still in the return window for the seller)?

CaspaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. Camera keeps resetting itself.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CaspaArlo,

Could you provide more details? What exactly is happening when you say the camera keeps resetting itself?

JamesC

DarnellM
Aspirant
Aspirant

With mine specifically, the camera will remove itself from my account and not be responsive or be discoverable. I have to take it down, do a hard reset, rediscover it, go through the whole process of re adding it to my app and then re add it to my account. The camera is connected to a signal booster with one other device.

Greeba
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you do a hard reset on the Essential camera?  I have 2 red lights at the top of my camera & the blue light will not come on when I push the sync button.  We have 2 other cameras that are working fine

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Here's the reset procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Having the IR LEDs on and no response to the sync button seems to indicate a faulty camera. Either swap at the store or use Settings, Support to start a possible replacement.