Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera push notifications not working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nightgorilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently, push notifications to my Android phone have stopped working. Video and sound are still recorded, which I can view via the App, or online. Email notifications are working.

I have tried the following:
* Restarted the camera
* Restarted my Arlo base hub (but the camera is on wifi, so this probably does nothing)
* Restarted my phone
* Reinstalled the app on my phone
* Verified the correct mode is set, push notifications are set

Any help appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nightgorilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: The camera is now pushing notifications to my phone. What changed? Nothing that I can tell. The only thing that happened was the camera went to low battery, and notified me via my phone and email, and then started working for motion. Was still working after getting fully charged. Can't exactly speak to what unjammed it, but something did it in that sequence.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked that Android is set up to allow push notifications to the app?  https://kb.arlo.com/000039087/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-push-notifications-on-my-Android-device

Nightgorilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.

I should have mentioned, I have a number of cameras that are connected to the Arlo base station. I only have one Arlo Essential Camera, which is connected to my WiFi. The cameras connected to the base station do push notifications just fine, it is only the VMC2030 that is not working (and it was working for about 7 months or so, it stopped pushing about a month ago or so).

So my phone is set up to receive pushes, they just don't work for a single camera.

I verified that the mode is set for notifications for that camera, and notifications are on for all cameras.

Nightgorilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: The camera is now pushing notifications to my phone. What changed? Nothing that I can tell. The only thing that happened was the camera went to low battery, and notified me via my phone and email, and then started working for motion. Was still working after getting fully charged. Can't exactly speak to what unjammed it, but something did it in that sequence.