Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TheHavens
Follower
Follower

I have a great Arlo Pro 4 2 camera with smart hub system set up at a holiday house.  I'm now wanting to set up an Essential Spotlight Arlo camera with solar charger at my Mum's place.  I was told by the sales guy I could just add another camera to my Arlo App, but it looks like I also need another Smart Hub.  Then that means two accounts with two login details etc. Any advice appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheHavens wrote:

I was told by the sales guy I could just add another camera to my Arlo App, but it looks like I also need another Smart Hub.  

The Essential can also connect directly to the home wifi at the second location.  You would need a smarthub only if you intend to use direct access to local storage.

@TheHavens wrote:

Then that means two accounts with two login details etc. Any advice appreciated

You can have multiple smarthubs on the same account.  However, if your Mum wants access to the cameras, then she would need her own account for that.

re00319
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo at two properties but can’t figure out to have one set armed while we are away at the other property. They are either all armed or not. The two new cameras connect directly to my Wi-Fi while I use a base station at the other property. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@re00319 wrote:

I have Arlo at two properties but can’t figure out to have one set armed while we are away at the other property. They are either all armed or not. The two new cameras connect directly to my Wi-Fi while I use a base station at the other property. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

If you go into Modes, you can select the base and arm/disarm all cameras connected to the base there.  Similarly, select individual cameras that are connected to your home wifi, and arm/disarm them.