Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Essential H8 Camera video pinkish Hue?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lowell95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sometimes, not alway my video has a Pinkish Hue.  Other times the picture is perfect,  Have video one day that is fine, next day at the same time, same person walks by and the video is all pink?  I have another exact camera installed at the same time & place, facing a different direction and occasionally it will just be digital static?  I'm at a loss.  I have both cameras on 110 volt power, set at best quality video and good WiFi signal to them.  No rhyme or reason that I can see to this.  

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lowell95,

Could you provide a screenshot of the issues you're describing, that may help us better understand exactly what you're seeing.

JamesC

Lowell95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sure this pic is from today, I will upload one from yesterday at about the same time

Untitled-1.jpg
Lowell95
Aspirant
Aspirant

THis was yesterday about the same time of day.

Untitled-2.jpg
Lowell95
Aspirant
Aspirant

This screen shot is couple days ago, only a couple hours apart.

Untitled-3.jpg
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lowell95,

Do you ever see this behavior when live streaming the camera? Does it only happen with recordings?

JamesC

Lowell95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Working OK again today, I suspicion that the activity zones are causing the problem.  I deleted the activity zones to see if the problem goes away.  

Untitled-1.jpg
Lowell95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, to correctly answer your question.  It doesn't seem to occur when livestreaming, only with recordings. 

Lowell95
Aspirant
Aspirant

We I guess deleting the Activity zones did not effect the camera.  Today the hue is back on the screen.  It is there on both the recordings and the live camera.  It's like every other day thing?

Untitled-1.jpg
Lowell95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is a shot of the live view today.  Yesterday was fine, not so much today!

Untitled-2.jpg
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lowell95 wrote:

Here is a shot of the live view today.  Yesterday was fine, not so much today!

I'm wondering if the nightvision filter is misbehaving (engaged during a daylight recording).

Lowell95
Aspirant
Aspirant

I turned the the Night Vision switch off and so far no change on video image.  I already had the floodlight switch off.  I will leave the Night vision switch off for a day or so and see if that helps anything.