App scheduling

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MatsNen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to set up a schedule in the app that automatically switches between Geofencing and active. I wish that during the day it is in geofencing mode and during the night in active mode. Is this possible. It's a pain to change my outdoor cameras in the app every day.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MatsNen wrote:

Is there a way to set up a schedule in the app that automatically switches between Geofencing and active. I wish that during the day it is in geofencing mode and during the night in active mode. Is this possible. It's a pain to change my outdoor cameras in the app every day.

Do you see "Library" in the app?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

What you want to do is possible with the older "Library" interface.  But there is a bug in "Feed", so you cannot combine scheduling with geofencing with "Feed" and have everything work properly.

MatsNen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can see Library in the App and the version is version  4.14.5 (7467)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MatsNen wrote:

I can see Library in the App and the version is version  4.14.5 (7467)

We need a bit more information to help you.

1. Do you want the cameras armed or disarmed when you are home during the day?
  2. Do you want the cameras armed or disarmed when you are away during the day?
  3. Do you want the cameras armed or disarmed when you are home at night? (guessing armed, but want to confirm)
  4. Do you want the cameras armed or disarmed when you are away at night (guessing armed but want to to confirm)

The basic idea is that you set up a schedule assuming you are home all the time.  Then set the "Away" mode in geofencing to "Armed" and the "Home" mode in geofencing to "Scheduled".

This assumes that the answers are 

1. disarmed when home during the day
  2. armed when away during the day
  3. armed when home at night
  4. armed when away at night