Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

App Login Issue (Authenticate window does not appear)

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CaptArgus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently updated the Arlo App on my iPad.  Today, I was logged out (unsure why?), and now when I attempt to log back in (I have 2FA enabled), the SMS code is sent to my phone, but the Arlo App does not open the normal window to enable me to enter the code, and login.  Help? 

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CaptArgus,

What version of the mobile app are you using? Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

CaptArgus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.  I updated to the latest version on the Apple App Store (4.0.2)   

CaptArgus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m still having the problem.  I enter email and password and select Log In.  I receive authentication code via SMS, but the App doesn’t give me the window to add the code and open the App??

Bennett5836
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having trouble logging in to view my cameras , when I enter email and password it sends me a code to my phone by text but the screen to enter code does not pop up from app but when I sign in on another phone ,it’s no problem , it works fine .I need help , not been able to view cameras sense Arlo updated the app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CaptArgus,

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once I have more information to share.

JamesC

CaptArgus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Again JamesC,

I was wondering if there has been any progress on this problem.  It's a bit inconvenient that since updating to the latest version of the Arlo App, I am no longer able to use it on my iPad.

Kind Regards

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CaptArgus,

This issue is still being investigated. Some users have reported success by reinstalling the Arlo Secure mobile app when encountering trust/login issues. I recommend that you try reinstalling the app, and then test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

CaptArgus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Thanks for the reply.   I deleted and reinstalled the App, and also rebooted the iPad. Unfortunately the problem remains (no window to enter authentication code), and I am remain stuck on the login window. 
Hopefully, Arlo can find a solution to overcome this bug. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is still being investigated by the dev team. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC