Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
spadoinkle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone

I'm turning to the community because I can't get any further.

I have three Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras. These have worked relatively well so far. Since today, however, I have been experiencing real problems.

The cameras are reporting that they are offline. I have tried to reconnect the cameras several times according to the troubleshooting guide. Without success. Password and network are correct.

So I removed the cameras from the app and tried to reconnect them - that didn't work either. I also completely reset the device afterwards.

Nothing has been changed on the network (for several months). It has always used the same SSID (2.4 and 5 Ghz network). So far, the cameras have never had any problems with it.

I have gone through all the troubleshooting guides. Without success. In desperation, I created a separate 2.4 only network and tried to reconnect the cameras. Also without success.

According to the status page and other down detectors, the Arlo services all seem to be running.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
spadoinkle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:

I found the culprit shortly after my post -.-"

I had stored 4 DNS entries (4 different DN servers) on my router. Apparently the Arlo Essential Spotlight cannot handle 4 entries. As soon as I deleted one, the connection worked again.

Maybe helpful for those who have the same problem in the future 🙂

Solved!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
spadoinkle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:

I found the culprit shortly after my post -.-"

I had stored 4 DNS entries (4 different DN servers) on my router. Apparently the Arlo Essential Spotlight cannot handle 4 entries. As soon as I deleted one, the connection worked again.

Maybe helpful for those who have the same problem in the future 🙂

Solved!