All camera appear offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SRath11
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am overseas and my cameras “appear offline”. I have had the internet checked and it’s fine. The camera batteries have been charged.

On a side note, I have found the support for this product is sub par.

Please help me.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you in a country that may be blocking access to arlo.com? Are the cameras connected to a hub or your WiFi? When you had the Internet checked, did you also request that the router be power cycled? Have you tried both the app and web client to see if there's a difference?

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I get that message quite often. I would say that, at least on my application, it's got something to do with losing the wifi signal... at times.
  Other times, I think it's a hardware/software gremlin.

Mine usually fixes itself with no assistance from me. It's aggravating.

SRath11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, my cameras are in the Australia and I am currently in the UK. Cameras connected to wifi. I’m not sure what “power cycle” is but the wifi seems to be fine.
I had a lot of difficulty logging into Arlo online while in the UK but when I finally did it seemed to be exactly the same.

Thanks so much for replying! What do you suggest?

Thanks
SRath11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply.

It’s been off for four days now and my parents who turned the wifi back on are NOT tech savvy so it’s quite frustrating considering I’ve never had any issues before.

What would you suggest I can do from here?
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yeah... if they turned the wifi off, you would have been dead in the water and they'd lose contact with the cloud.

I'm guessing that the cameras would automatically "re-link" to your wifi after a power outage like that. I wouldn't think you'd have to manually.

Since they show "offline", there is no "restart" button available for you to reboot them....

Who knows, losing signal for that long may have made it to where you have to reconnect them to the network... that's the only button, besides "remove device", that is available to you on the cameras' settings page.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SRath11 wrote:
It’s been off for four days now and my parents who turned the wifi back on are NOT tech savvy so it’s quite frustrating considering I’ve never had any issues before.

When the wifi disappears, the cameras keep looking for it to re-appear so they can rejoin.  They will lose battery charge fairly quickly, so if the wifi was off for days, then the cameras are likely drained.

So the next step would be for them to try charging them (perhaps starting with the one that is easiest for them to reach).

DON'T remove them from your account.  You'll need to on-board them again if you do that - and that can't be done until you return home.