Adding a camera through an air bridge.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Littledan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Starlink at my home connected to my base station and 4 cameras. I have an  Ethernet switch connected to an air bridge going to my workshop about 300 yards away. There is a Wi-Fi router in the shop. Is it possible to connect a camera through the network to the base station or do I need to purchase another base station and add an additional account. The camera will not connect to the base station from the shop, but will connect to the base station from the home. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Littledan wrote:

There is a Wi-Fi router in the shop. Is it possible to connect a camera through the network to the base station or do I need to purchase another base station and add an additional account. 

If you are using a base, then you'd need one in the shop.  But you wouldn't need an additional account.

If you have a Pro 4/Pro 5/Ultra/Essential camera, you could alternatively connect it directly to the shop WiFi.  (obviously you'd need a subscription for storage).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Littledan wrote:

There is a Wi-Fi router in the shop. Is it possible to connect a camera through the network to the base station or do I need to purchase another base station and add an additional account. 

If you are using a base, then you'd need one in the shop.  But you wouldn't need an additional account.

If you have a Pro 4/Pro 5/Ultra/Essential camera, you could alternatively connect it directly to the shop WiFi.  (obviously you'd need a subscription for storage).

Littledan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much. I was able to connect it to the Wi-Fi and it is working perfectly. Thanks again for the reply.