Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Accept Access but no Camera Shows Up

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Isa2001
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have given access to my husband; he received email invite, downloaded the app and followed the instructions to set-up an account BUT no device is showing up in the app. When he goes to “Devices” it prompts him to select device type — like the initial set-up I did in my own app when setting up the camera. He did that and it seemed to deactivate the camera in my account/app! So I deleted his account in his app and had to set it up all over again in my app.

The grant access flow needs to be optimized, certainly seems to be very glitchy judging from queries here.

Tips?
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you grant access, the other person does not try to set up the system again - any camera you've added to his access should show automatically.

Isa2001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Completely understood BUT the camera *does not* show up automatically. Instead of the camera showing up automatically, he gets a prompt to set-up a device. See the difference?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Isa2001,

You must log in or create an account using the link provided in the email when sharing via grant access. Try this using a PC to see if you experience the same results.

JamesC

Isa2001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, did that. Will see if doing it on a PC makes a difference. Thanks.