Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

ARLO ESSENTIAL SPOTLIGHT - loosing connection and sending me notifications of low battery

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cwinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

My Arlo Essential Cams are loosing connection and appear offline in my APP alot of times. I have 3 cams connected 2 of them are in the outer range of my wifi but the third is only 2 meters from my router. Im running 2,4 Gz and I have tried to uninstall them and start over, but it does not solve the problem. The cams are running out of battery very fast also and today i suddenly started to get ALOT notifications of low battery on one of the cams. I had push messages on my almost every second and my mailbox was packed with the notifications - think I had 250 mails before I got the camera and put it in the charger. When I checked the app all the cams where offline

Can anyone help solve the problem with connection problem, and how do I change the e-mail setting? Don't want my mail box spammed next time..

Best Regards, 

Christian 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a signal quality issue. Are they connected to your router or a hub? The camera close to the router/hub may be the issue - try moving it away for testing. Look for any other wireless device that uses the 2.4GHz band that is nearby that could be causing interference. The cameras that are farther away may continue to be an issue just due to distance so consider repositioning them and/or using a WiFi extender or second hub to improve the signal to those devices.

There's no setting for low battery emails. Charging them proactively would be the best solution.

Cwinn
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are connected to the router. Keeps loosing the signal, one minute they appear offline, next they are online, but mostly offline im affried.

I tried having them just laying in my kitchen which is 2-3 meters from the wifi router and even then, they are on and off.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the router - that sometimes clears up weird issues.

ajtz
Tutor
Tutor

Same observations with my Essential XL Spotlight - after going offline, recharging to full, removing/re-adding the device to the Arlo account, the device again goes offline within 18-24 hours. A few days after going offline, the app sends 100 notifications regarding a low battery (all displaying battery at 13%) - oddly, the device still pings the router every few seconds despite the offline status.

Arlo Support ignored my case, and repeatedly blamed the router despite no physical or digital settings changed (aside from the device firmware update); Support mentioned that a firmware rollback was impossible so my device is virtually left unusable.

Cwinn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Reboot of routers was the first Thing i did. I did not help