Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd Essential Spotlight camera won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Embrace
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a 2 pack of these.  The first camera connects to the arlo app (can access it via app or web fine).  Second camera won't connect.  I've tried so many times and it just times out every time.  The chime goes when I scan the QR code and the blue light flashes but then it times out and says it can't be found.  I'm going crazy trying over and over.

I've read all the troubleshooting advice.  

- I've made sure I'm connecting to a 2.4 GHz WiFi network

- My phone and computer are connected to the same 2.4 GHz network that I'm trying to connect my camera to

- I've made sure I typed the correct WiFi network SSID and password

- I heard the chime noise when my camera scanned the QR code

- The camera LED is blinking blue while the camera is being discovered

- I've done a factory reset on the camera and tried again multiple times

- I've placed the camera right next to the router

- Camera is not connected to another account and is fresh out of the box

- I don't have a trial subscription (another user had success deleting his trial subscription but I have a paid subscription already)

Any ideas?  Is it worth cancelling my subscription and trying again?  Would it be because my subscription is just for one camera?  Although I had the same problem before I signed up for a subscription so I don't think so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Embrace
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updating to say I went through everything with Arlo support and still no joy.  Today I did a factory reset of both cameras, removed them and started again and both are working.  🙂 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure you're selecting the proper camera when starting the setup process? There's 2 different Essential cameras, one with spotlight and one without. Choosing the wrong one will cause this to happen.

Embrace
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it's the essential spotlight and I select this one every time.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Embrace wrote:

but I have a paid subscription already

Any ideas?  Is it worth cancelling my subscription and trying again? 

I'd try support (using the options in the app).  Choose the camera that is on the subscription - that will give you a phone option. 

Embrace
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updating to say I went through everything with Arlo support and still no joy.  Today I did a factory reset of both cameras, removed them and started again and both are working.  🙂