Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Ellenattheranch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting the "getting status" message on all of my devices which includes two iPhones, one iPad and one android.  This is happening to both the admin and user.  

I contacted support via chat and he/she said that my camera was offline and I would have to reset it.   I am an hour away from my camera....uhg!  

But, I am able to access live video via the web portal...so how if my camera offline??

TIA for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At  this point all I can suggest is working with support as you tried before. No idea why it works only on the web.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the devices and reinstalled the apps? Are you using a VPN? If so, turn it off.

Ellenattheranch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have deleted and re-installed the apps.  I have not reset or rebooted the camera or router.  I am an hour away from the set up.  No, I am not using a VPN.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it works on the web, it's either a phone or app issue. WHat happens if you try both WiFi as well as cell service - any difference?

Ellenattheranch
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, no difference...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At  this point all I can suggest is working with support as you tried before. No idea why it works only on the web.

Ellenattheranch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted support again.  Apparently there is a bug in the app.  Other people have been reporting this issue.  They are working on it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS mobile app was just released in the app store. Please make sure to download the latest version which addresses performance issues some users were experiencing.

Arlo iOS App - 2.19.2 - 26th August 2020

JamesC

Ellenattheranch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just deleted my app and re-installed.  I am still having the same problem.  When trying to view the camera via the app it says the camera is offline.  But, when I go through the browser on my computer the camera is working.

MelissaShae
Aspirant
Aspirant

What about the App for Androids? I'm having the same issue on three different android phones