Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Spotlight Causing Green Hue

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JamesArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got my highly anticipated Arlo essential yesterday (only released in UK).

Everything was working fine until around 11pm when I went outside and looked back at the recording, once the spotlight comes on the entire video feed turns green, wasn’t happening earlier in the day.

I have tried resetting & removing device, software should be up to date as its brand new - any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Got the test firmware to address the green hue. It seems to be the fix for this issue.
Hopefully they will send out the firmware to others soon.
They have not yet addressed my other issue of screen preview not updating during daylight hours but I'm hopeful..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

James, I am having the same issue on one of my cameras. Mine is related to the spotlight. When the spotlight comes on, the picture turns green. It happens at night. I tried testing it during the daytime by manually turning on the spotlight and it turns green as well. I am in communication with support and their engineering team in this. I am supposed to get a trial firmware update this weekend to test. Hope it fixes this issue. I will update when i get the pushed firmware.

JamesArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey MrA2u1,

Thanks for letting me know, I opened a case with their support team. Hopefully, the firmware update resolved the issue.
MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Got the test firmware to address the green hue. It seems to be the fix for this issue.
Hopefully they will send out the firmware to others soon.
They have not yet addressed my other issue of screen preview not updating during daylight hours but I'm hopeful..
JamesArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great news, going to mark as solution.

They wouldn’t provide me with the firmware and advised I just got a replacement from the supplier, can’t say support was very helpful to be honest.

Glad you had a better experience. Thanks for responding to inform the community also :)!
Fancyc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope they do release the update soon for all. I have had my spotlight up and operating for less than a month when this issue started for me. I have yet to hear back from customer service after a week!  The green tint only happens at night with the spotlight turned on.