Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Solar Panel charging currently available.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
royiel
Initiate
Initiate

If you previously purchased Arlo solar panels they are not compatible with this camera. From my chat with support (below), there is currently no estimate on when a Solar Panel for this camera will be released. 

• The solar panel is VMA3600. However, this is not yet available in the market.

3 REPLIES 3
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have two cameras connected to two 6v 4.5Ah batteries in parallel, a 6v charge controller, and two 7.2v solar panels in series. I also had to add a timer so the camera batteries would charge to full and not drain the 6 volt batteries. The timer allows charging for only one hour per day. Everything was purchased on Amazon.
Layzkat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well then why buy the camera if we can’t charge the camera
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can bring it inside to charge but it seems the name Essential is right. I bought it to try expecting to be a sort of beta tester but the lack of documentation in the Arlo library except the basic install guide makes this more confusing on what accessories and functions are available. A mod said a manual will be available but camera has been out for weeks. I have it inside for now and works as expected  but may return for another pro 3 that has more options for 40 bucks more.