Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wil not let you return camera even if within 30 days of delivery

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
swnk000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the Essential Spotlight camera and was not happy with the non-replacable battery (big minus), poor speaker to talk through and weak sounding siren.  So I emailed to get a RMA to return it because on the invoice it says you can get a refund within 30 days of receiving the camera.  I emailed about 10 days after receiving the camera.  I get an email back saying I cannot return it because it is not defective. Meaning if you are not happy with the product you're seriously out of luck to get a refund. 

They will make you "jump through hoops" to "fix" whatever issue you have with it and still refuse to let you return it because you are not happy with the product. Poor customer service and company policy. Best to purchase from Amazon because they let you return it, no questions asked, as long as it's within the 30 day delivery date. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't return any Arlo camera to Arlo except for warranty work. That's what the store's policy is for - you're trying to return it to the wrong place.

dcfox1
Master
Master

You can return a camera to Arlo if purchased directly from Arlo within thirty days. I assume he bought if from Amazon though from his post. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@swnk000 wrote:

I got the Essential Spotlight camera and was not happy with the non-replacable battery (big minus)

That fixed battery is a bummer.I wonder why they did it.

Effectively, you are buying a battery with a lens on the front.

Dead battery = dead lens.

Did you miss that when you bought the thing?

It is harder to complain if you made the wrong choice, but if you fell victim to misleading advertising you should raise that.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
swnk000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought it directly from Arlo. If you read my post I mentioned on the invoice it does say I could return it within 30 days so that’s why I was confused and disappointed I get an email back saying I couldn’t.