Arlo Essential loses connection all the time

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Essential loses connection all the time had this for less then a week and it was great the first 3 days, but now it stops working without a notice and the signal strength is all the way strong like the other 6 i have they are older but work good. 

also when i try to use the live function it just spins for infinite time and never connects, then out of the blue after missing many events and for hours ive noticed it will pickup an event.

i tested this last night and walked all around for 30 minutes and it never saw a thing.. totally worthless to me. and ide like to return it till you get them to work better.

Model: VMC2030 | Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stevesteffen,

The symptoms you describe indicate an interference or signal strength issue. Is the camera connected directly to your home network or is it synced to a Base Station or SmartHub. How far  away is it?

JamesC

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera will not connect to the base station and i was told it would, it is not a signal issue because it says full strength at all times and the old pro camera never had a single issue with signal as well, i already thought and troubleshot the simple stuff. i am an IT person and not a beginner i have had Arlo for 2 years and setup took me minutes to complete and has worked decently for those years. 

this camera just stops working and still says connected for hours then works again. the app just circles for infinite times when it stops working, it is the only one that does this and its only 6 days old

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stevesteffen,

I recommend that you contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation