Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential live view lag

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JOcean
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed this camera and am having extreme lag on the live view. My phone actually shuts the screen off before live view shows up. This is the SECOND Arlo camera I've landed that seems absolutely useless. I was hoping the first one was a fluke.

Has there been a fix for the lag?? I don't have connection issues as I use a mesh network, one is right by the door, have minimum 400Mbps upload and download, and both my app and camera software are up to date.

I have a Ring outdoor and ring doorbell for comparison and have zero issues with lag. Is there a fix or is this something I have to return? I will never buy it recommend an Arlo product again if there isn't.

7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have about a 3-5 second lag on my essential and pro3's. I had a Ring stick up cam and that had about the same or longer lag. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Just to add that is on my tablet, on ios app its 2-3 seconds lag. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JOcean,

Do you also experience this when using the web client?

Is the camera connected to a Base Station/SmartHub or is it connected directly to your home network?

JamesC

JOcean
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven't tried in the web client, but it would defeat the purpose if I have to use my laptop since I'm already home. I could try a browser on my phone but again, it's a workaround for something that shouldn't be an issue especially for such a large company and when smaller companies don't have this issue.

It's not connected to a base.

Thanks.
Thunder154
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue. Some comes and goes before I connect. Notifications are also delayed. This setup seems to be more of an after the fact system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JOcean wrote:
I haven't tried in the web client, but it would defeat the purpose if I have to use my laptop since I'm already home. I could try a browser on my phone but again, it's a workaround for something that shouldn't be an issue especially for such a large company and when smaller companies don't have this issue.

It's a troubleshooting tool. If it works on one but not another, that's a clue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thunder154 wrote:

I have the same issue. Some comes and goes before I connect. Notifications are also delayed. This setup seems to be more of an after the fact system.

Notifications can be delayed due to use of Arlo Smart which has to post-process the video before sending the notification. If you deactivate the camera in Smart Notifications do you get relatively immediate notifications?