Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Graysonlaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess I bought without reading the fine print.  Even though it is nearly identical to the newer Arlo cameras, it does not seem to work with Homekit.  I can see the camera on the Arlo app (it is connected to my Arlo hub), but this camera does not appear in Homekit.  Do I need to refresh or something, or is this simply not supported.

Also, for what it is worth, I wouldn't buy another one of these "essential" cameras, even at a reduced cost.  It is merely a cheaper, pared-down version of the pro line.  Definitely not a good value, especially as compared the the Pro 3 or Ultra models.  Finally, I already have a plan, but the Essential seems to want me to buy another one to capture data from that camera.  Humbug!

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Graysonlaw,

It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Arlo Essential Spotlight compatibility at this time.

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

New cameras invariably arrive with that sort of support missing. It usually happens eventually. So there is a good track record in that front.

Features like Homekit can entail getting third party clearance. And that takes time, especially when companies like Apple get involved. (Ask anyone who wants to sell an app on its store.)

Arlo can either sit on new products until that happens, even though it is of interest to only some buyers, or it can start selling something and hope that buyers will either check beforehand before buying or buy and wait for the big day.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime