Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera - Is it compatible with my Arlo Pro 2 system/hub?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kvondrasek
Follower
Follower

Simple question that somehow evades the basic info provided by Arlo in their illustrious promotion of this new device in their lineup - Is this camera compatible with my Arlo Pro 2 system/hub?

It's a 1080P camera, so I thought it might be, but it is not stated what it works with ANYWHERE in the product info, and Arlo agents are currently unavailable for a chat.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kvondrasek,

Yes, you can use the Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera with your existing Arlo Pro 2 system. Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera can be synced directly to your home WiFi network or to a VMB5000, VM4540, VMB4500, VMB4000 SmartHub or base station.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kvondrasek,

Yes, you can use the Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera with your existing Arlo Pro 2 system. Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera can be synced directly to your home WiFi network or to a VMB5000, VM4540, VMB4500, VMB4000 SmartHub or base station.

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

@HAILITY  As for your first post here is a link for Base and Hub's compatible with Essential. As for second post it was not in English so not sure what you said. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station