Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JP7
Tutor
Tutor
Love the camera since no base station required but does anyone make an outdoor charger other than the Arlo solar panel? Have oulets near my camera locations but can't find any waterproof cables that fit camera.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JP7,

Outdoor AC charging cables are not available for Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras. For outdoor charging, we recommend the Arlo Solar Panel. For more information, take a look here: Arlo Essential Solar Panel

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JP7,

Outdoor AC charging cables are not available for Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras. For outdoor charging, we recommend the Arlo Solar Panel. For more information, take a look here: Arlo Essential Solar Panel

JamesC

JP7
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks, I knew about the solar panel already but hoping someone would make a charging cable. Dont really want solar panels at all camera locations when i have access to power outlets. Hope this changes since the camera is great.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

One to add here?

Arlo Idea Exchange - Arlo Communities

If Arlo doesn't respond, there is a good chance that one of the third party suppliers will step in. This is such an obvious need.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My friend bought a 16ft usb power cable. The rubber/plastic around the connector needed to be trimmed because it was a tight fit. Don't let anyone from the company make you think you need to by the solar panel. Buy the power cord and power it full time and be done with it. Non removable batteries on this model were a terrible design.