local storage recording does not show in feeds

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
birdpaparazzi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I enabled local recording and am receiving notifications.   However, nothing in the feed.  Arlo Essential camera with old hub with USB ports only.

1. I checked the hub storage settings and do not see anyway to view recordings
  2. my firmware is up to date
  3. I rebooted my hub
  4. If I pop the USB into my PC, I can see the recordings.
  5. I have checked numerous posts with no solution.
  6. In live mode, the snapshot and video recording buttons are disabled as an fyi

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You selected the Essential Gen. 2 section but then state just the Essential. The Gen. 2 cameras do not connect to a base or hub.

Since you have recordings when viewed on a computer, it must be the original Essential camera. However, you have an older base station of some sort (check the bottom of it to find the label that shows VMBxxxx). That means you can't use the app to view local recordings which are only available when using a SmartHub, the VMB4540 and 5000.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@birdpaparazzi wrote:

I checked the hub storage settings and do not see anyway to view recordings

What model is your hub?  Look for a VMBxxxx label on it.

The feature is only available on the two smarthubs (VMB4540 and VMB5000)

The older VMB4000 and VMB4500 support local recording, but do not support playback.

birdpaparazzi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the responses.  On the device info screen, it shows VMB4000r3 so it would appear that I can not do playback.   Guess I would have to take out the USB and use it on my PC which does no good while we are away.

It would appear my option is to purchase an updated hub or go with a competitor.  I have 3 older legacy cameras and the Essential spotlight.

Thank You

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@birdpaparazzi wrote:

It would appear my option is to purchase an updated hub or go with a competitor.  

Arlo options are (in no particular order) to

• get the subscription
  • return the camera and purchase a used Pro 2
  • purchase a smarthub
birdpaparazzi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for confirming.   I decided to move on with a competing solution for a better ROI.