Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4540 and Gen 2 compatibility

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ameganf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

Any timeline on when gen 2 cameras will be compatible with the VMB4540 SmartHub. The website for smart hub had the cameras advertised on that item's page and I was quite upset to learn that they don't work together. In addition, the build your own bundle allows you to add this to the cart without any warning or prompts. This would be helpful to consumers so that they do not make this mistake.  

Any timeline beyond "soon" would be helpful. Right now I have a $100 paperweight in my house and would like to return it, but if the update is coming within the next 30 days, I am happy to keep it. 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While we do intend to release a compatibility update for 2nd Generation devices to allow them to connect to Base Stations/SmartHubs, I do no have a timeline available for when the firmware will be available for this update. Please stay tuned for an announcement here on the community and on arlo.com

JamesC

ameganf
Aspirant
Aspirant

So what do I do in the meantime? Buy the subscription to have useable products? All while compromising on the thing I bought the base station for, keeping my videos out of the cloud? Incredibly disappointed. 

Omaruis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish i saw that post earlier, ending up with unsuable equipement as well. Do arlo intend to make them compatible or should I just return this?

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Crazy situation that people spend their hard earned money and then there's that. 

ashdeangelis
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the same boat. I have camera's up, but they basically are nothing because I refuse to pay for a subscription that keeps rising in cost when I was also told that it was "coming soon". And of course, I can't even complain to Arlo because in order to get support, you have to be a paying customer... I'm about ready to take the loss and get some home kit enabled ones at this point. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation