Setting to picture

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Flabio82
Follower
Follower

How do I set the Arlo camera from live video to just taking a picture from motion detection

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, do you want to take a still image while live viewing or when motion is detected? Or did I just read the whole thing wrong?

While live viewing, you may need to tap the video anyplace that's not in the middle to bring up the controls and use the camera icon to take the snapshot. If that icon isn't available, you may need to turn off the Local 2k Live Viewing selection in the camera settings under Video Settings if you have a 2k model.

For a motion detection snapshot, check your modes and rules for the camera. In particular, use Add An Action and choose to take a snapshot.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

For a motion detection snapshot, check your modes and rules for the camera. In particular, use Add An Action and choose to take a snapshot.

@jguerdat - can you check this in your app?  I no longer see a "take a snapshot" option when I do this, and I am not seeing it as an option in the default mode settings either.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have an E2 outdoor camera installed on my production account but a beta camera does show that option near the top of the choices. That could mean that either it's an Android thing or a beta one.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I don't have an E2 outdoor camera installed on my production account but a beta camera does show that option near the top of the choices. That could mean that either it's an Android thing or a beta one.

My beta account has an E2, and it does have "take a snapshot".

My production iOS account doesn't have an E2.  It has Ultras, a Pro 3 floodlight, Pro 2s and an AVD1001.  None of these have "take a snapshot".  Which I find surprising.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB  I just checked my production account with both the Android app and the web client (my.arlo.com) and both show the snapshot option in Add An Action for all cameras, especially the ones you listed (I only have AVD2001 doorbells).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

@StephenB  I just checked my production account with both the Android app and the web client (my.arlo.com) and both show the snapshot option in Add An Action for all cameras, especially the ones you listed (I only have AVD2001 doorbells).

So it must be just iOS then.  @JamesC - is this a known bug?