Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Problem with upgrading the app for Arlo VMC3550-100EUS essential outdoor 2k cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DejanSRB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am a new user and have purchased Arlo cameras for the first time. Specifically, I bought the Arlo VMC3550-100EUS essential outdoor 2k. Following the instructions provided in the box, I installed the app on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Pro, selected the essential 2k cameras, and received a notification that I need to upgrade the app. When I clicked on the upgrade, I received a message that the upgrade could not be completed. I have deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times, but I am unable to upgrade it, and without the upgrade, I have no options available (this is my first time creating an account). What should I do and how can I activate the app and then the cameras?

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DejanSRB,

Do you have a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

JamesC

DejanSRB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, of course. The first image is the initial screen. After I go to add a device and select cameras, it gives me the notification in image 2, while when I go to upgrade it shows me what is in image 3.

1 s.jpg3 s.jpgScreenshot_2024-07-19-18-45-42-245_com.arlo.app (1).jpg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some Arlo devices and subscription plans are not available in al regions. While there are plans to expand the regions in which Arlo devices and subscriptions are available, I do not have an ETA for your region at this time. For more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000063227/What-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-cloud-recording-options-are-available...

JamesC

melihacil
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I want to activate my arlo cameras (essential gen2) in Turkey. As you said, I cannot activate my cameras in Turkey, is it not possible? are my arlo cameras garbage?

DejanSRB
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, they are not junk; on the contrary, I am impressed with them. The problem is that in some countries, Arlo is not supported. The account you log in from must be created in one of the supported countries. Check the list of countries that support Arlo cameras.

melihacil
Aspirant
Aspirant

which account? you mean googleplay account?

DejanSRB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo is not supported in your country, and it's best to create all accounts from one of the supported countries. You can use a VPN service to bypass the geo-location restrictions. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Choose a Reliable VPN Service:

• Consider using services like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, or CyberGhost, known for their reliability and extensive server networks worldwide.
  2. Download and Install the VPN Application:

• Visit the website of your chosen VPN provider and download the appropriate application for your device (PC, Mac, iOS, Android).
  3. Sign In and Connect to the VPN:

• Open the VPN application and log in with your account credentials.
    • Connect to a server in a country that supports Arlo (e.g., the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany).
  4. Create a New Arlo Account:

• While connected to the VPN server in a supported country, visit the official Arlo website or open the Arlo app.
    • Create a new user account.
  5. Download the Arlo App:

• If you haven't already, download the Arlo app from the App Store or Google Play Store while connected to the VPN.
  6. Install the Arlo Cameras:

• Follow the instructions in the Arlo app to set up and configure your cameras.
    • Make sure to stay connected to the VPN throughout the entire installation process.
  7. Using the Arlo System:

• Once the installation is complete, you can use your Arlo cameras normally.
    • You might only need the VPN for accessing certain features or updates.

Useful Tips:

• Check Internet Speed: VPN can slow down your internet, so ensure the speed is adequate for setup and streaming from the Arlo cameras.
  • Server Location: Choose servers that are physically closer to you to reduce latency.
  • Security: Use only reputable and trusted VPN services to protect your data.

Conclusion

By using a VPN, you can bypass geo-restrictions and install Arlo cameras regardless of your current location. Ensure the security and performance of your VPN service to maintain a smooth operation of the system.