Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OwlLover
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have an Arlo Pro 2 system set up with my husband as the main administrator. We have both been able to see the feed for years.  He is not as "techie" as I am, so we set up our new Arlo Outdoor Essential cameras with me as the administrator.  Despite sending invites to each other to see the feeds, he is still unable to see the Essentials on the app, and I am unable to see the Pro 2s.  How do we get to where we can both see feeds from all cameras?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OwlLover wrote:

We have an Arlo Pro 2 system set up with my husband as the main administrator. We have both been able to see the feed for years.  He is not as "techie" as I am, so we set up our new Arlo Outdoor Essential cameras with me as the administrator.  Despite sending invites to each other to see the feeds, he is still unable to see the Essentials on the app, and I am unable to see the Pro 2s.  How do we get to where we can both see feeds from all cameras?

Does he see "Library" in his app menu?  Or does he instead see "Feed" and "Dashboard"?

OwlLover
Aspirant
Aspirant

He sees "Library".  (I see Dashboard and Feed in mine)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OwlLover wrote:

He sees "Library".  (I see Dashboard and Feed in mine)

And that is the problem.  He will need to migrate his account to "Feed".

He does that by going into "add device", and then starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  While that will fail (since you don't have that camera), the workflow will migrate his account to "Feed" before he gets stuck.  After that, you will see his cameras.  Note you will see two "Home" locations - one for you account, and one for his.  You can rename them to avoid confusion.

You could also consolidate the two accounts and share the credentials - Arlo now allows simultaneous logins.  The simplest way to do that is to remove the new camera from your account and add it to his.  You'd lose the trial (and if you are already using a paid subscription, you'd need to cancel your subscription and resubscribe from his account).  If you go this route, I suggest keeping your account for one billing cycle, just to make it easier if the subscription payments don't stop.  Then you can delete your account.  (After that, you could also change the email address on the remaining account if you like).

There are still some issues with "Feed" that you should be aware of:

• There are only three modes for each location.  While you can modify them, you cannot add more.
  • Getting geofencing+scheduling to work together is difficult (perhaps not possible).

OwlLover
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. That will be my project this weekend. Can I do it in such a way that I stay as the main account, as opposed to moving it all to him?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OwlLover wrote:

Thank you. That will be my project this weekend. Can I do it in such a way that I stay as the main account, as opposed to moving it all to him?  

If he just migrates to feed, all the cameras stay in the accounts they are in now.

If you consolidate accounts, then both of you would be using the same account.