No recording to the feed

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jeanniebell
Follower
Follower

Good afternoon, I purchased a new Essentials Outdoor Camera as my original purchased on 2019 was not reliable. I have had several issues since installing the new camera but the one I cannot resolve is my new camera is not recording to the feed. I do not wish to subscribe to an Arlo plan as I do not wish the feeds kept on the cloud. What are my options

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jeanniebell wrote:

I do not wish the feeds kept on the cloud.

Everything you see in the feed is stored in the cloud.  You might be confused on that point, since older Arlo cameras were sold with 7-day free cloud storage.  That included the Pro and the Pro 2 models.

But none of the currently sold cameras come with any free cloud storage.

If you are serious about not wanting cloud storage, then you will need to retire your old cameras.  You cannot set them up to only record to the the storage in the base.  All their recordings will also go to the Arlo cloud. 

@Jeanniebell wrote:

I have had several issues since installing the new camera but the one I cannot resolve is my new camera is not recording to the feed. I do not wish to subscribe to an Arlo plan as I do not wish the feeds kept on the cloud. What are my options

There are two paths.  One is to just subscribe, in which case the recordings will be in the cloud.

The other is to wait until Arlo rolls out smarthub support for the 2nd Gen cameras, and then purchase a VMB4540 or a VMB5000 smarthub.  Those are the only bases that support the direct access to local storage feature.  There are a lot of limitations you should be aware of

• Recordings are only available in the app (not the browser)
  • Recordings are not available to shared "friend" accounts.
  • No thumbnails - you need to download the recording to your phone to see anything.
  • No ability to store manual recordings or snapshots
  • remote access requires router setting changes that many find difficult (and which do not work with some internet service providers).

If you go with local storage, you access the recordings by

1. going to the devices page
  2. selecting the smarthub
  3. selecting storage settings.

You'll see something like this:

FDA1340D-9E56-4F2F-A04E-EB618F9CCE6F.jpeg