Network isn't connecting

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
marcycn
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the choose a strong network page it doesn't find any. I'm sitting on the modem and I have rebooted it.  My phone is connected to 2.4Ghz.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@marcycn wrote:

I can live stream and I did manually take a picture - both worked.

That suggests that the camera is working, so perhap it isn't correctly armed.

But you will need a subscription for cloud recording, activity zones, and some other features.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

marcycn,

What model router do you have? Are you sure your mobile device is connecting to 2.4Ghz and the router is broadcasting a 2.4ghz connection?

JamesC

marcycn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it's on 2.4 as is my phone and another camera - Not an Arlo - that is working.  I spent over an hour in chat the other day with them and it still won't connect.  

sandrathepanda
Aspirant
Aspirant

were you ever able to get it to work?

marcycn
Aspirant
Aspirant

No 

sandrathepanda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you have a long Network name / wifi name with special characters in it?     

marcycn
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's a Mediacom router.  I have it split into 2.4MHZ and 5.  So it says Mediacom 2.4Ghz

sandrathepanda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try naming it something without the 2.4 and check.  ( simply delete the 2.4 and check if that works) 

marcycn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I started over.  Found out my phone was back to 5 so I changed it to 2.4 and it connected.  I have it pointed to the front and everything is clicked on for motion just to see what I will want and what I can shut off.  I'm on a slow street so I'm waiting for someone or something to go by.  It clicked when I waved my finger in front of the camera so I'm guessing it will work.  Question.  I was under the impression that it wouldn't cost me anything if I put a card in the slot, which I did.  It kept asking me to sign up.  I can't afford a monthly fee.  Did I do all this for nothing?   It just picked up on a car mocing so I guess it's working. 🙂  

marcycn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Second reply - see above.  I walked out in front of it and it didn't take a picture.

sandrathepanda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great to hear you got it working, Did you change the wifi name or not? 

sandrathepanda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Under the option DASHBOARD , make sure you have the option " ARM AWAY" chosen for the camera to give you alerts. Just check if thats the one you have highlighted. 

marcycn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't have to change the name.  Away is selected.  I can manually take a picture.  I can't turn it sideways on my phone so I can see it larger.  It won't take a picture of anything moving even though I have everything checked.  

marcycn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Connected but doesn't take a picture when I walk in front of it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

This is the Outdoor Essential 2nd Gen, connected directly to your home wifi?

I'm asking because you mentioned putting "a card in the the slot".  There is no microSD slot in the Outdoor Essential 2nd Gen.  So I am wondering if you actually have an Arlo Go 2.

Is the camera in the trial subscription plan?  If it is, then try making a manual recording while livestreaming the camera, and see if that works.

marcycn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it's the Outdoor Essential 2nd Gen and is connected to my home WiFi.  I made a mistake on the card.  I've been trying to get two different cameras working and the other one has a card.  I'm in the trial since I can't see paying for something that isn't working and I can't afford to pay monthly anyway.  If that's the case, I need to return it.  I was under the impression that I didn't have to pay.  I can live stream and I did manually take a picture - both worked.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@marcycn wrote:

I can live stream and I did manually take a picture - both worked.

That suggests that the camera is working, so perhap it isn't correctly armed.

But you will need a subscription for cloud recording, activity zones, and some other features.