My Essential 2K Outdoor Camera Will not Charge

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Finn1935
Follower
Follower

I have an Essential 2K Outdoor Camera (VMC3050) which charged up fine when I purchased it in June 2024. It was connected to an Arlo solar panel in full sunlight for continuous charge however due to overcast conditions the camera went flat and will no longer charge when connected to a charger on mains power.  It simply will not Charge.

How do I get this fixed

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Allowing the battery to fully die is likely your issue - charge proactively.

Try this procedure to see if it helps. The key is to plug in and unplug many times until the battery has enough charge to finally be able to properly recharge.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Finn1935,

I recommend that you reach out to support to further investigate the issue. You can find support contact information within the Arlo Secure app under Settings > Support.

JamesC

SWELLGAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Join the defective camera club! Ordered these 3-pack w/solar panels at end of May 2024; had nothing but problems with them.  Once the camera battery goes low or to 0%, it will not charge.  I spent hours and days w/support trying to restart/re-pair these and they just become inoperable.   When they work, they're ok, nothing special.  Unless you opt for hard-wired security cameras, these battery operated cameras just are more headache than worth it. 

SWELLGAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does not work.  And, all 3 cameras were at least 85% charged; overnight one camera dies out so it's not my fault the battery went down to 0%; excuses don't change the fact that once these cameras experience issues, they become inoperable!

tcshasta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine will not charge either.  Purchased for Christmas.  How do I get a replacement?

Thank you.

SWELLGAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do not give up.  These cameras become inoperable once the battery goes down to 0%.  This happened over & over with 2 of my 3 cameras; they show 85% battery and overnight - they go down to 0% and cannot be recharged.  Attempts w/support to re-pair/recharge are unsuccessful.  It's a shame b/c these are useful product with the exception of failed batteries.  Keep asking for replacement of inoperable cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try this FAQ to get a totally dead battery to charge. The key is to plug in and unplug many times until the battery has enough charge to then charge normally.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do