Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tyhall1996
Initiate
Initiate

IMG_2118.jpeg

I see that the live feed issue is now resolved as of recently. I set up two new devices today and the motion detecting was working fine on both. Soon after getting them mounted, the motion detecting stopped working on both cameras. I disconnected and reconnected both cameras and they began working again. After a few hours they gave stopped detecting motion yet again. The WiFi connection is fine according to the tests so I’m not sure what the issue could be but it is very frustrating. Now all they are good for is live feed. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tyhall1996,

Check to make sure the cameras are Armed. You can find the system state within the app under Routines.

JamesC

KonaHI
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC This is NOT a trouble-shooting issue on the user end. I have 2 (outdoor essential 2k) cameras that are also not motion detecting. I unfortunately have spent hours on these cameras this past week because of the onboarding and live stream issues. I know the settings and conditions for motion detection are correct. There is an issue with the camera, firmware, or service. Please help relay this to engineering. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KonaHI,

You may need to restart the camera by pressing and holding the sync button for 25 seconds. When holding the sync button, you will see blinking blue, then blinking Amber and then solid blue camera LEDs. After that LED sequence is completed, you can now release the sync button to restart the E2 device.

If you're still experiencing an issue after the outage was resolved earlier this week and the restart steps mentioned above, I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo Support team and open a ticket to further investigate the issue you're experiencing.

You can find support contact options within the Arlo app under Settings > Support.

JamesC