Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ALDES
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I have local storage enabled (Flash Drive inserted into hub) for my VMB4540r2 hub.

I can see my Arlo Essential 2 Outdoor cameras in the app but there is no recording in the local storage of the base station. How do I enable it? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ALDES wrote:

I can confirm it is Essential Outdoor Camera 2nd Generation (VMC2050).

Then you must have connected it to your home wifi.  To get recordings on the smarthub you'll need to wait until Arlo adds hub support for the camera - and then you'll need to change the connection to the smarthub.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ALDES wrote:

I can see my Arlo Essential 2 Outdoor cameras in the app but there is no recording in the local storage of the base station. How do I enable it? 

The cameras need to be connected through the smarthub, not through your home wifi.  The 2nd Gen cameras can't be connected through the smarthub yet - Arlo is planning to add that, but hasn't released it yet.

Are you sure that you have 2nd Gen Essential cameras?  

Or do you have 1st Gen cameras that are connected via the smarthub?

ALDES
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @StephenB 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ALDES wrote:

Then you must have connected it to your home wifi.  To get recordings on the smarthub you'll need to wait until Arlo adds hub support for the camera - and then you'll need to change the connection to the smarthub.

ALDES
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.